In this action-packed Episode 175 of the Savvy Dentist Podcast, Collin Ellis, an award-winning keynote speaker, culture change specialist and author, joins us as we talk about his expertise – creating a winning culture in your practice. He gives us practical tips that you can implement in your practice today.
Colin’s work is centred around helping organisations and individuals change the way they get things done. He is a catalyst for creating cultures where great work thrives. If you are a practice owner wanting to create a good culture with intent in your business, this episode is for you.
In this episode we discuss:
- 02:40: What is culture?
- 03:55: How culture is created with specific intent.
- 05:53: Benefits of culture with a specific intent in business.
- 07:47: Owners getting fulfilment from their business.
- 10:11: Steps to create a culture.
- 12:41: Examples of companies with compelling visions.
- 14:26: Why people buy into compelling visions.
- 17:07: Colin explains the disconnect between behaviour and visions.
- 18:48: The reason culture needs to be updated regularly.
- 20:10: Getting people to buy into recreated or reshaped culture.
- 21:50: Dealing with people who don’t want to buy into the culture.
- 24:12: Markers to know if you have a good culture.
- 25:45: Why processes and procedures are not followed by people.
- 28:21: The importance of the implementation of metrics, accountability and frequency of performance measurement.
- 30:02: Briefing your team about collective goals for the business.
- 31:25: Dealing with the challenges of hiring people.
- 33:36: Questions to ask in interviews to determine culture fit.
- 36:07: Words of wisdom from Colin on success.
Find out more
- Earn More, Work Less Video Series
- Colin D. Ellis Website
- Colin D. Ellis LinkedIn
- Dr Jesse Green Dentist Only Facebook Group
- Dr Jesse Green Podcast
- Savvy Dentist App on the App Store
- Savvy Dentist App on Google Play Store
- Savvy Dentist Facebook Group