In this episode, I’m chatting to Catherine DeVrye about how to cultivate resilience. In order to have a business and a life you love, you need to excel at cultivating resilience so you can handle whatever life and business throw your way.
Catherine DeVrye was an IBM executive in Australia, Tokyo and Hong Kong with roles in sales, marketing, HR, communication.
The best-selling author of 8 books, translated into over a dozen languages Catherine is an inspirational communicator with proven hands-on international experience in the private and public sectors as both a corporate businesswoman and small business owner. She was named in 2016 by the Financial Review as one of the Top 100 Women of Influence in Australia.
In this episode, we discuss:
- 11:20: Tips for moving through adversity
- 13:00: Why resilience is like a muscle and how to exercise it
- 15:51: The importance of taking care of ourselves
- 20:03: How to maintain an even keel when the world around you is changing
- 21:39: Triaging your problems to avoid overwhelm
- 24:02: The art of focusing on what you can change and being at peace with what you can’t change
- 26:17: How to spot an opportunity
- 28:57: Lessons from “successful” people
- 32:31: Tips for cultivating resilience and perseverance