Orthodontics can be a great way to add a specialist stream to your general practice and increase your revenue.
In this episode, I chat to Dr Geoff Hall from SmileFast about orthodontics, the changing private practice landscape, advances in orthodontic technology and much more.
Dr Geoffrey Hall is a specialist orthodontist based in Melbourne, Victoria and inventor of the SmileFast cosmetic orthodontic system. Dr Hall lectures to dental professionals nationally and internationally and has written many articles and more recently was a co-author in a lingual orthodontics book.
In this episode, we discuss:
- 6:30 – Demystifying orthodontics
- 7:30 – How integrating orthodontics into a general practice can give you an edge
- 9:00 – Systems for including orthodontics in your practice
- 18:30 – The BEST question to ask to find out the barriers to treatment
- 20:20 – Changes in orthodontics
- 25:02 – Why you’re leaving money on the table when it comes to orthodontics
- 27:31 – How you can leverage orthodontics in your practice
- 29:00 – The invaluable role of mentorship in orthodontics
- 30:30 – How to make your business more robust by adding a specialty service
- 33:00 – How private practices can survive in a world dominated by corporates