Kids may be quite a challenge as patients, but can be the most rewarding as well. Dr. Tim Keys, a Specialist Pediatric Dentist – my guest on today’s episode is going to generously share his knowledge with us on handling kids under your practice in the best possible way.
This is a wide ranging interview with so much topics to be covered from behavioural issues, parental management, and of course, tips, tricks and techniques to operate efficiently. If you are a dentist seeing kids or planning to take in kids in your practice, this episode is for you.
In this episode we discuss:
- [02:28] Tim’s journey and how he started in Pediatric Dentistry.
- [04:58] The struggles general dentists have in providing the best possible care for kids and how they can improve their ability to look after the kids.
- [08:34] Tips on managing parents and creating a relaxed environment for them.
- [12:34] Guidance on having parents in or out of the room.
- [13:44] Best advice Tim has received on dentistry in his journey.
- [15:35] Things he wished he’d known earlier about pediatric dentistry.
- [18:58] Techniques on efficient practice and longevity of treatments.
- [24:00] Tim’s advice for dentists on treating kids.
Find out more
- Savvy Dentist Academy
- Savvy Dentist: Earn More, Work Less Video Series: 20 Pro Tips Created To Help You Power Up Your Practice’s Performance
- Dr Jesse Green Dentist Only Facebook Group
- Dr Jesse Green Podcast
- Savvy Dentist App on the App Store
- Savvy Dentist App on Google Play Store
- Savvy Dentist Facebook Group